Join the Official Discord Server for the opportunity to parttake in events, giveaways and more!

Rejected The Purge Command

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is a command in the /townyadmin page that I think should be optional for town mayors/co-mayors to enable, which is the /townadmin Purge (days) command. It is meant to kick players from a town who have not been online for however many days that the command says so. I noticed that a lot of people in certain towns haven't been on for up to a year, and town owners/co-mayors should not have to go through a large list of people if they want to kick inactives. Even sorting through 20~ people for inactive people gets annoying.

This is a good idea. I really like it, but what if one of your town members go on vacation? You'd have to have a work around for the command for people on vacation. And if the mayor was offline the a specific number of days, would it kick the mayor of the town? (and in my opinion, the name is too much like the horror movie the Purge.)

SirSalad

As far as I know, it will not kick the Mayor of a town and who will be kicked can be customized; However, I think this is a good idea as it allows mayors to easily search through inactive residents and kick accordingly. I do see the potential hassle here with "temp-inactive" residents (vacation) like Sekil said. I think that can be solved with user adaptation and user-user agreements over Towny related things.

> The easy solution without this is to set a low town tax: It will rid the inactive residents, but in varying times.

Volk

Administrator
Staff member
Townyadmin is for admins of the server not of the town.

I solved this issue using taxes, and at very least you can get some free money in the process.

SirKillian

Administrator
Staff member
/townadmin Purge (days) purges all inactive users from the database. not just from your town.
as volk mentioned above /townyadmin are commands for server admins to manage certain situations.

Status
Not open for further replies.