Join the Official Discord Server for the opportunity to parttake in events, giveaways and more!

Make Digger a little easier to level?

Only 2 people are over 70, 5 more are in the 60's, only 37 total are 50+.

Only one person has hit 75 and is getting redeem tokens.

Feels like this one is a little too rough at the upper end.

Am I wrong?

Thanks!

I think theres two reasons its like this. The first is that the xp diggers get is very similar to that miners get for mining stone at the same level, but miners also have things like coal/redstone/lapis to mine, increasing xp gain. Miners also have a much more plentiful harvesting area compared to diggers. The other reason is that diggers pay is quite low compared to other jobs, so not many people are willing to grind digger into the higher levels. Digger could probably use a rework, or at the very least a good buff

I mean couldn't we make stuff like mycelium, soulsand and clay give a lot more XP, maybe if they gave something like 10xp instead of 2 (I'm at lvl 60 so you get even less at lower levels), then it might make it a little bit easier to level but note that those resources are only in certain areas and are limited.

I would love if Digger received easier XP Rates but it would be also too easy then to reach the lvl 75 perk of Digger, maybe if a second perk was added to Digger at lvl 50 for example speed 2 for when you dig, that might have a relatively good impact for newbies who don't have speed 2 command or armour.

Maybe see if there is a way to factor in the mcmmo loot into making money/xp so that leveling excavation actually has an impact on the job.

SirSalad

yeah but if they aren't going to bring down the value of those other jobs then they should bring up the others to better have all jobs line up.
I'm sorry? You're agreeing with jobs being balanced and asking for a rebalance; A bit contradicting.
Anyway, the original claim of little people being high level in digger is easily refuted by the fact there aren't as many diggers to other jobs even though it's, well, balanced.

There are 1,897 diggers and 12,725 miners on Azertu as of postal date and I do not see a change to the digger job in terms of pay/xp rate changing.

EDIT: "digger" to "jobs"

There are 1,897 diggers and 12,725 miners on Azertu as of postal date and I do not see a change to the digger job in terms of pay/xp rate changing.
In my view those numbers hsow that perhaps Digger should be improved because it's not worth taking. Hence few people bother to take it.

I'm sorry? You're agreeing with jobs being balanced and asking for a rebalance; A bit contradicting.
Anyway, the original claim of little people being high level in digger is easily refuted by the fact there aren't as many diggers to other jobs even though it's, well, balanced.

EDIT: "digger" to "jobs"
Sorry let me reword that so there isn't confusion. Considering the massive amounts of money that people make from jobs like cooking or hellworker they should either bring up those jobs that are falling behind or bring down those jobs that make massive amounts of money. atm most people avoid digger because it isn't great money compared to other jobs and the perks are just ok so a slight tweak to the amounts or adding in something like
Maybe see if there is a way to factor in the mcmmo loot into making money/xp so that leveling excavation actually has an impact on the job.

digger is exaclty how it should be, a gathering type job. It has similar pay to miner and farmer, being that its extreamly easy to do. Materials they can sell include sand or glass for builders, dirt, and hardened clay for artists, likely more. To add onto this we have specifically changed excavation rewards to make digger more rewarding. You also cant compare jobs like cook to a gathering type job like digger, since they are completely different in their functions, learning curve, and xp gain

KillaSnow

Grandmaster Contributor
digger is exaclty how it should be, a gathering type job. It has similar pay to miner and farmer, being that its extreamly easy to do. Materials they can sell include sand or glass for builders, dirt, and hardened clay for artists, likely more. To add onto this we have specifically changed excavation rewards to make digger more rewarding. You also cant compare jobs like cook to a gathering type job like digger, since they are completely different in their functions, learning curve, and xp gain
To also add to what Cosmic has said, some of the McMMO rewards for excavation are also customised on the server. You can find that customised list here, in addition to the other custom McMMO rewards as well! Hopefully this can help show what Digger brings to the table, in addition to possibly answering future questions like Party Levels, Fishing, etc. :D

to add the the hard to level part you also really don't get much money from it compared to other jobs. here are some initial tests from me and a few others working on some financial testing for jobs which shows the huge differences between digger and other jobs so far. we are working on some more in depth tests to compare exact numbers of all the jobs from many people. 1568598814472.png

Last edited:
to add the the hard to level part you also really don't get much money from it compared to other jobs. here are some initial tests from me and a few others working on some financial testing for jobs which shows the huge differences between digger and other jobs so far. we are working on some more in depth tests to compare exact numbers of all the jobs from many people. View attachment 340
As a level 75 miner, your numbers arent accurate. Maybe if you still use an efficiency 5 pickaxe, but with that you wont make it to 75, and if you dont have a relic pick by then youre doing something wrong. Im able to make a solid 350-400k an hour as miner like this. Digger at level 75, also assuming you have a shovel that can instabreak dirt/sand(vanilla), you make around 150-180k just from the job profits, plus what you sell. If youre going to try to make a point using numbers like this, at least use accurate ones.

Edit: the miners /hour numbers assume youre selling ores mined at market prices, its roughly half from job profit and half from ore sales

As a level 75 miner, your numbers arent accurate. Maybe if you still use an efficiency 5 pickaxe, but with that you wont make it to 75, and if you dont have a relic pick by then youre doing something wrong. Im able to make a solid 350-400k an hour as miner like this. Digger at level 75, also assuming you have a shovel that can instabreak dirt/sand(vanilla), you make around 150-180k just from the job profits, plus what you sell. If youre going to try to make a point using numbers like this, at least use accurate ones.

Edit: the miners /hour numbers assume youre selling ores mined at market prices, its roughly half from job profit and half from ore sales
I used an eff8 fortune 4 pick for miner . These are all exact numbers based on the listed numbers. If you insist I can show the equations used for the math but these are accurate numbers. The lvl75 values were calculated like this. (Job profit)*1.04^( 75-(current lvl)). This is exactly how it scales In game. Now it is just one test and there will need to be a larger sample. The point I was making was look at just the lvl 75 job profits, it's almost nonexistent compared to the other jobs.

I used an eff8 fortune 4 pick for miner . These are all exact numbers based on the listed numbers. If you insist I can show the equations used for the math but these are accurate numbers. The lvl75 values were calculated like this. (Job profit)*1.04^( 75-(current lvl)). This is exactly how it scales In game. Now it is just one test and there will need to be a larger sample. The point I was making was look at just the lvl 75 job profits, it's almost nonexistent compared to the other jobs.
Again, as a level 75 miner i can tell you, for a fact, that i make at least 350k an hour while mining. No other job makes that much as consistently, especially since i don't need to buy anything (potatoes, ore, etc.) to do my job. I've counted this number several times, hence why i'm confidant you've failed somewhere in your "equations". Digger on the other hand, makes the same as miner from their job profits, as the gather rate is the same(assuming instant mine tools) and dirt/sand pays the same as stone. This is how we get the 160-180k per hour numbers for digger. The reason digger pays less than miner is the materials you gather as a digger arent worth much of anything, assuming you can even find someone to buy it.

I have NO idea what your point is, unless youre just trolling, because you dont seem to know what the jobs actually pay, yet insist you know how to "balance them". While I agree they arent balanced(just compare miner and digger), you should know your facts before trying to justify changes youre suggesting

Again, as a level 75 miner i can tell you, for a fact, that i make at least 350k an hour while mining. No other job makes that much as consistently, especially since i don't need to buy anything (potatoes, ore, etc.) to do my job. I've counted this number several times, hence why i'm confidant you've failed somewhere in your "equations". Digger on the other hand, makes the same as miner from their job profits, as the gather rate is the same(assuming instant mine tools) and dirt/sand pays the same as stone. This is how we get the 160-180k per hour numbers for digger. The reason digger pays less than miner is the materials you gather as a digger arent worth much of anything, assuming you can even find someone to buy it.

I have NO idea what your point is, unless youre just trolling, because you dont seem to know what the jobs actually pay, yet insist you know how to "balance them". While I agree they arent balanced(just compare miner and digger), you should know your facts before trying to justify changes youre suggesting
i dont get why you are being so hostile towards me when that data is just that data. it isn't subjective and the values don't lie. i gave you the formula's and showed the difference between the start and end balance. i have a team that's working on a much more comprehensive data set from a large group of players and will make further posts when we are ready

i dont get why you are being so hostile towards me when that data is just that data. it isn't subjective and the values don't lie. i gave you the formula's and showed the difference between the start and end balance. i have a team that's working on a much more comprehensive data set from a large group of players and will make further posts when we are ready

I'm in no way being "hostile", your numbers are just completely wrong. I can record myself mining for an hour and show you how much i make if that will convince you.

Adding onto what Cosmic and Snow said: Digger is how it should be. Digger also has different skill sets required for the job in comparison to miner.
ie. Digger only needs eff 4 to insta mine. Whereas, Miner needs a minimum of efficiency 7 to break stones and efficiency 9 to break ores. Digger is also a gathering job meaning that they benefit the most out of what they gather. In this case, it's mostly mcmmo drops and concrete powder material.

Adding onto what Cosmic and Snow said: Digger is how it should be. Digger also has different skill sets required for the job in comparison to miner.
ie. Digger only needs eff 4 to insta mine. Whereas, Miner needs a minimum of efficiency 7 to break stones and efficiency 9 to break ores. Digger is also a gathering job meaning that they benefit the most out of what they gather. In this case, it's mostly mcmmo drops and concrete powder material.
if you look at the spreadsheet, what they gather is factored into one of the tabs.

Okay, folks, we're moving away from my point.

Why is only one person on the server is getting the level 75 digger rewards?

I think as a job it doesn't appeal as much as other gathering ones, you don't see the initial thrill of finding ores for instance like in mining. This puts people way off it, also it is tougher to find continuous digging, there should almost be a digging resource world to make it so that you can dig for a longer period of time.
Also digging Rewards should work similar to fishing, % of drop increases based on skill however you could still get a Ghast Tear, Diamonds etc at early levels, this would be a very low chance at lower levels of course however it might increase the interest in the job.
Lastly and this is to defuse the previous conversation and purely my opinion, there is not a unique way of making money with any jobs so any numbers will always be indicative but like IRL there will be people who can just do it better and quicker or simply differently so essentially in my opinion you are both right and wrong at the same time, just learn to disagree on this as despite how quickly Asinine_ can mine (maybe you should write a guide to help others) some people will not be able to do the same. Remember selling everything you make is also dependant on shops to have availability to buy the stock you collect so the number of Sales may vary, how people set their inventory for best gathering also varies., some might have not taken in consideration what is best to gather either and what is best to sell.... Many ways, the one that works best is the one suited to the player to enjoy playing and not necessarily the most profitable....

Anyways that is my piece, agree or disagree it is my opinion

Peace out ๐Ÿ‘

Last edited:
I think as a job it doesn't appeal as much as other gathering ones, you don't see the initial thrill of finding ores for instance like in mining. This puts people way off it, also it is tougher to find continuous digging, there should almost be a digging resource world to make it so that you can dig for a longer period of time.
Also digging Rewards should work similar to fishing, % of drop increases based on skill however you could still get a Ghast Tear, Diamonds etc at early levels, this would be a very low chance at lower levels of course however it might increase the interest in the job.
Lastly and this is to defuse the previous conversation and purely my opinion, there is not a unique way of making money with any jobs so any numbers will always be indicative but like IRL there will be people who can just do it better and quicker or simply differently so essentially in my opinion you are both right and wrong at the same time, just learn to disagree on this as despite how quickly Asinine_ can mine (maybe you should write a guide to help others) some people will not be able to do the same. Remember selling everything you make is also dependant on shops to have availability to buy the stock you collect so the number of Sales may vary, how people set their inventory for best gathering also varies., some might have not taken in consideration what is best to gather either and what is best to sell.... Many ways, the one that works best is the one suited to the player to enjoy playing and not necessarily the most profitable....

Anyways that is my peace, agree or disagree it is my opinion

Peace out ๐Ÿ‘
yeah if you make a guide we can factor it into our tests rather then just have you telling us we are wrong and not doing anything constructive. The level issue is similar to builder but to a much lesser extent, because there isn't much money in it and xp is fairly slow so it isn't worth the investment compared to other jobs. https://azertumc.com/threads/crafting-money-xp-for-builder.1835/

Last edited: